Saturday, May 03, 2014

Evolve

May 3-9 Edition

New Writing
Bob Proctor
Abraham Hicks
The Impressionist

New Writing

March 22, 2014
10:19 p.m., Saturday

Text to RG

I'm getting my writing groove back. I'm in the park-like mall grounds of Ayala, Cebu.

I've been doing a lot of writing in one of the concrete benches beside the artificial waterfalls since this afternoon.

I was so exhausted by the emotional roller coaster of the past week. I'll go home in a little while to catch up on some sleep. I didn't have the strength to come to the beach with one of my close friends. I consider it an honor to be invited to a family outing. I told him the truth: I needed time to be alone to refresh my mind.

I'm reviving my comatose article on MMK, adding the John Wayne Sace and Maja Salvador episode . So far, I've written the chapters on Twilight, The Lost Symbol and The Rule of Four for my long-term article on recent bestsellers which I started last year. Speaking of which, I discovered only last week that my story on Paulo Coehlo was actually published last October. My latest article is last Sunday, the one with Kiyosaki, which is also the first with my new memoir narrative style. 

Maalaala Mo Kaya
"Posas"


Tomorrow I'll post my latest pictures from January to March 2014 and the "More 2013" photos on my blog, including my pictorial early this morning.




I just added the "Jumper" and "Early 2014 to Late 2013" around Tuesday last week.



While uploading, I was on YouTube on a different Chrome tab, conditioning my mind with insights from Bob Proctor.

I was trying to learn how the Law of Attraction works and how I can get it to work for me.

We come to this world with our minds like a clean slate. So as we grow up, the attitudes we form get programmed into our mind - and that is what our minds manifest as our physical reality.

That is our paradigm. So we need a paradigm shift. If we want to change our life, we have to change our thoughts.

"See yourself living in abundance and you will attract it," he says. "It always works, it works every time with every person."

Bob Proctor Reveals 'The Ultimate Secret' Beyond The Law Of Attraction


My latest find comes from a higher source.

It was just last March 16 when I first heard of Abraham, the entity channeled by Esther Hicks.

The Law of Attraction, in it's simplest essense, can only respond to what's on our minds.

Just that. It does absolutely nothing else.

On a higher plane, there is no judgement, no distinction of what's right or wrong. The creative energy of the universe is continually flowing. But our negative thoughts, made solid by our mental conditioning, block it. We ask what we want from the powers of the universe. But it's not enough, says Abraham. We have to accept it.

"Use whatever excuse you can to vibrate in harmony with those things you've been saying you want," says Abraham. "And when you do, those things that are a vibrational equivalent flow into your experience in abundance. Not because you deserve it, not because you've earned it, but because it's the natural consequence of the Law of Attraction. That which is like unto itself is drawn."

Introduction to Abraham
with Esther and Jerry Hicks


There I was, in the Moment. Alone and at peace.

I was having shawarma rice on the mall park in existential mindfulness.

I've asked the service crew from Leylam to scramble the egg and mix it in with the garlic sauce instead of topping it sunny side-up, and easy on the spicy, palihug (please).

I can hear the piped-in outdoor music. A guy on a guitar wondered if the "moonlight shines on Paris..."

I have a surreal poem, "The Impressionist," inspired by this zen-like song, published in 2007 in Philippine Graphic. Quite expectedly, it leans towards the supernatural. I'll include it in my first poetry collection after my fiction anthology which I'm preparing now. 

"I believe in Art and its role in presenting the world as it is and as it should be - while bathing Reality with a magical, roseate glow that makes life larger than life," as I wrote in the cover letter to the then editor, the late Adrian Cristobal.

"Although  I never had any formal training in creative writing, I think this is the quality that literature professors want their students to learn, and  to use to prove that writers have a significant role to play in making this world a better place. “

“My poem, ‘The Impressionist,’ inspired by French artists, is such an attempt to raise the mundane to the sublime."

The Impressionist
By Jonathan Aquino

I like to paint a portrait
Of you and I as we dance
As the moonlight shines on Paris.
I see you Isabella,
raising a goblet of fire-red wine
Like a flaming talisman
Smiling enigmatically
Like the Mona Lisa
Near the Champs-Elysee.
I dream of France:
The scent of a mademoiselle
In a sidewalk café;
The sweet taste of butter croissants
And bouillabaisse in Marseilles;
the caress of the Mistral winds
in the vineyards of Provence;
the sight of the Louvre across the Seine,
of Saint-Sulpice but not the Priory of Sion;
the sounds of Breton fishermen
and Duran Duran on the Eiffel Tower.
But I’ve never been there but I
See you in my dreams as I
Lay me down to slumber;
Though you’ve been dead for a year,
But don’t look a day older.

***

I looked up in the starry, starry sky. On a different night, I thought to myself, I'll be enjoying take-out dinner in a different park, in a different city, in a different country - but still under the same moon.

Moonlight Over Paris
Paolo Santos


"Does the moonlight shine on Paris after the sun goes down?
If the London Bridge is falling, will anybody hear a sound?
If you follow the sunset, will it ever end...?"


8 comments:

Jonathan Aquino said...

My spirit was refreshed by my trip out of town and across the sea yesterday. The hours spent last night editing my next short film were productive for my work outside work and meaningful to my life. My subsequent books will be published within a couple of weeks.

Today my salary was higher than usual because of the performance incentives, and my banner month yet is May. Not bad after going through an emotional wringer for the past few weeks.

Life is good. No day is the same. Things have a way of going back to its natural rhythm. Life is beautiful. I'm happy to be alive.

(Phone Notes Diary, April 30, 2014, 9:34 a.m., Wednesday)

Jonathan Aquino said...

A man of God will die for the glory of God. But will he lay down his life for mankind without the glory? I just finished Dan Brown's Angels & Demons. I first read it three years ago. I uploaded earlier this evening the final cut of my short films Cebu: City of Angels and Twilight In Sudlon on YouTube. I'll upload my Crossing To Lapu Lapu tomorrow.

I'm a spiritual being going through a human experience, not the other way around as most people live. That is the most profound lesson I learned today. I was reminded of my true nature by Every Day Wisdom, an audio recording on YouTube I was to listening to earlier from my mentor Wayne Dyer. He changed my life through his bestselling classic Your Erroneous Zones. Wayne Dyer made me a better person I hadn't even imagined. For that, I am forever thankful.

We are all physical manifestations of the Source Energy that created the universe. I believe in the teachings of Abraham, the highly evolved entities channeling through Esther Hicks. I've known about the Law of Attraction even before Rhonda Byrne. I'm using it. If things happen that upset me, I would try to figure how I had attracted that to my life. Perhaps I did it even before I got born. There is a reason for everything.

In a higher sense, I don't need to ask. All I need is to remember.

(Phones Notes Diary, May 4 2014, 1:59 a.m., Sunday)

Jonathan Aquino said...

From my story A Thousand Summers from my fiction anthology Johnnybee which got published today:

"I was sitting on the lifeboats at the top deck as the ship began to move. No money can buy my joy. White foams around us, the water churns as we head to the open sea. A short while later, I was at the highest point in front, the sea breeze embracing me like a lover, unseen lands beckoning. I knew then, with absolute certainty, that I would spend the rest of my life this way."

Jonathan Aquino said...

The magnificent architectures of the Vatican calls to mind Gabriel Van Helsing's summons to go to Romania, how a guy impersonating the Pope gave the blessings to the people in my favorite Robert Ludlum novel The Road To Gandolfo and how the Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon went up against the Illuminati and found the anti-matter bomb in Dan Brown's Angels & Demons.

Now I'm watching The Amazing Race 24 on AXN as the contestants look for the Spanish Steps in the Piazza De Popolo.

(Phone Diary, April 14, 2014 8:05 p.m., Monday)

Jonathan Aquino said...

Photos courtesy of
Musivation.com, ChannelCast.tv, HDWallpaper.freehdw.com, tuttartpitturasculturapoesiamusica.com

Jonathan Aquino said...

I believe in Art and its role in presenting the world as it is and as it should be - while bathing Reality with a magical, roseate glow that makes life larger than life.

Jonathan Aquino said...

"I like to paint a portrait..."

Jonathan Aquino said...

.

"I'm getting my writing back..."

.