Saturday, January 03, 2015

What Drives Me For 2015



Saturday Evening Posts
January 3-9 Edition

What Drives Me For 2015

October 11, 2014
Saturday

I'm writing my newest novel. It will be "an adventure of the mind and spirit," like in Daniel Quinn's Ishmael.

I felt a sense of unbearable lightness as I released the pressure of my latest scrape with authority earlier this week as I put them down in words.

I think it's the same psychological exorcism Eugene O'Neill endured in writing his troubled life in A Long Night's Journey Into Night.


Long Day's Journey Into Night


I believe a Higher Power pushed me to focus on what matters most to me and set down the story of my triumphs and challenges to achieving them and, along the way.

I fervently hope, as a chart of my development as a better person and a more evolved human being. I'll build my book from my journal entries I'm going to publish on my blog 2Rivers as I go along.

This will be the chronicle of my education in developing intuition, lucid dreaming, astral projection, meditation, yoga, martial arts, body building, food combining, travel, books, entrepreneurship, filmmaking, the Law of Attraction and the Silva Mind Control Method.

I began my book today just as I finished reading two books I bought the other day which are both enriching mine: Mary Shelley's Frankenstein and The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin by that great American genius.

My novel is a series of personal revelations, inspired also by two bestselling memoirs: Lee Iacoca's Talking Straight, which I bought and finished reading last week; and John Edward's Crossing Over, which I bought earlier this year and read for the second time, with deeper involvement, a fortnight ago.

One of the books in my collection of rare out-of-print occult classics, which is a major influence to my still untitled work (and in my life), is George Noory's Worker In The Light.

My inspiration to have a record of my own spiritual odyssey is, of course, Shirley MacLaine's Out On A Limb and Dancing In The Light, both of which I've read for the nth time from cover to cover last month.

I found them (or they found me) more than a year ago. Since then, figuratively speaking, I've never put them down.

Out On A Limb


These books by Shirley, George and John are some of the greatest inspirations for my own. All the books I mentioned, including those of Quinn, Iacoca, Shelley and Ben Franklin, are "I" first-person accounts, like mine; like the writings of two of my most revered spiritual mentors in writing: Winston Churchill and Charles Lindbergh.

In the literal and metaphysical sense, my new work is my soul's memoir. This is the adventure of a lifetime.

Jonathan Aquino's Journal

October 12, 2014
Sunday

As I writer, I want to do my own thing, in my own time. I'm at my best when the spirit moves me.

I write, so naturally I read a lot. In my adventures in learning, I've become a student of the psychology and principles of success.

What all winners have in common is a clear vision of what they want. I know exactly what I want: to be a successful author and columnist. What I want to avoid is other people telling me what to write, so I cannot be a staff in a publication or even a freelance agent in an online writing site.

I've always said that other people can do all I've done, and I tip my hat to those who do what I cannot and what I will not. At the end of the day, it is not about talent - it is about how you used it.


2 comments:

Jonathan Aquino said...

What all winners have in common is a clear vision of what they want

Jonathan Aquino said...

"It's not your work to make anything happen. It's your work to dream it and let it happen. Law of Attraction will make it happen. In your joy, you create something, and then you maintain your vibrational harmony with it, and the Universe must find a way to bring it about. That's the promise of Law of Attraction." ~ Abraham Hicks