Saturday, December 05, 2015

The Cathedral of Monte Cristo (Episode 17)



Saturday Stories
December 5 Edition

The Cathedral of Monte Cristo

Episode 17

He put the phone down and beamed at her.

"Lea!" he said proudly, radiating sunshine. "One of our top reporters! You've been with us for, what, two, three months? You've come a long way! Yeah, I remember now! The Santa Barbara Massacre!"

"That was my first story, Chief!"

"First scoop, first cover story, winner! Is it also your first time to write? Joke!"

He motioned to her secretary Ruffa May, just outside the glass wall.

"Hello, beautiful people of the Philippines, Mabuhay!" she greeted with her Winnie Cordero impersonation.

"Hey, beh," she told Lea, "I have a new box of lipsticks!" Then added, "From China!"

"Oh, I'm sure that can wait," Daddy Groovy said cheerfully. "Can you call Enrique from the lay-out department?"

"But, Daddy Groovy," said Ruffa May, "I already talked to him earlier!"

"What about?"

"Well, he says he misses me but, of course, I don't believe him," Ruffa May told him. "Men are awful liars!" she pointed out.


To Be Continued Next Saturday


Invasion of The Astral Lizards

Dream Diaries
May 17, 2015, Sunday

Episode 1

I was in a small unfamiliar mall looking down from the mezzanine. There was an escalator going down which goes besides another escalator going up to another level.

I went down but missed going up the other one because both were moving too fast. When I reached the ground, I saw the switch that controls the speed.

I was jolted by static when I touched it. I tried again but it didn't work. I continued walking. There were only a handful of people. The mall speakers was playing Carol Banawa's version of "Maalaala Mo Kaya" (Will You Remember).

A large exit like an open garage led to a field covered with grass.


To Be Continued Next Saturday


Maalaala Mo Kaya
Carol Banawa


Photos courtesy of adweek.com, daily-mail.co.zm and you-will-find-me-dreaming.tumblr.com





1 comment:

Jonathan Aquino said...

.

What's the point of changing their lives? They don't even want to raise their consciousness. What they want is black and white, with a bad-to-the-bone villain and a hero with a pure heart. No gray areas. Moral dilemma is good but we need sex. ~ The Cathedral of Monte Cristo Episode 16

.