Saturday, January 09, 2016

The Fugitive



Saturday Stories
January 9 Edition

The Fugitive

The Cathedral of Monte Cristo
Episode 20

“I have a better idea. I’m Franco and you’re Ernesto, so we’re frank and earnest, right? I’ll level with you. I have a map of this buried treasure– ”

BURIED TREASURE?!”

Everyone looked at them.

Franco pointed at the traffic jam outside. “You see those jeep passengers? They still haven’t heard you.”

“Oh, give me a break.”

“I’ll break your bones if you don’t pipe down,” said Franco. “Listen, I figure we’ll need at least ten thousand pesos. I only have six thousand. I need to get the treasure so I can get my family and hide forever. Did you know that Paolo is now six years old?”

“I know this guy who buys cellphones and credit cards,” said Ernesto. “I’ll give you three days to get it together.” He signaled to the waiter.

The waiter appeared.

“Another order of noodles,” said Franco.

“What are you doing?” hissed Ernesto when the waiter had gone.

“I’m still hungry!”

“You’re not even supposed to be in public!” said Ernesto. “You’re a fugitive, remember?”

“That’s why I need my strength.”

“By the way,” said Ernesto, “Where did you get the six thousand?”

Franco looked at him innocently.

“From the warden.”


To Be Continued Next Saturday


The Fugitive 
Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones


The Fugitive Kind
Marlon Brando and Anna Magnani 


Photos courtesy of fractalenlightenment.com and roleplayerguild.com



2 comments:

Jonathan Aquino said...

.

"What I want from each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in that area. Checkpoints go up at fifteen miles. Your fugitive's name is Dr. Richard Kimble. Go get him."

.

Jonathan Aquino said...

.

The fourth is "You must learn how to handle complacency."

.