Saturday, February 13, 2016

Living In The Moment

Saturday Stories
February 13, 2016 Edition

Living In The Moment

One moment I was in my workstation and the next I was gone. I quickly got out of the office at my shift's end at four in the morning on the dot.

But I was not rushing. The paradox was my awareness of my every action.

I glided smoothly as my breath drew in the prana in the and into the solar plexus, tripping to the music of Sergio Mendes, Stanley Clark and George Duke.

I felt even more centered as I watched Marlon Brando in On The Waterfront by Elia Kazan. I'm endlessly fascinated by the way his every gesture show how he is absolutely in the present. Every small gesture seems to express some nuance.

Huggybear Diaries, June 11, 2015


On The Waterfront
Scene With Terry Malloy (Marlon Brando) and Edie (Eva Marie Saint)


Take This Love


Sweet Baby



Photos courtesy of mindbodyspiritualawareness.com

5 comments:

Jonathan Aquino said...

.

"Mindfulness helps you go home to the present," says Thich Nhat Hanh. "And every time you go there and recognize a condition of happiness that you have, happiness comes."

.

Jonathan Aquino said...

.

"The secret of health for both mind and body," says the Buddha, "is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly."

.

Jonathan Aquino said...

.

Simplicity is clearly seen in the things that make the most sense. "Most of the fundamental ideas of science are essentially simple, and may, as a rule, be expressed in a language comprehensible to everyone," says Albert Einstein. He also said "I just wish people would stop quoting me and think for themselves." Hahaha!

.

Jonathan Aquino said...

.

The place where I work has set up a videoke with an 4K Ultra TV in the office to celebrate Valentines. Norah Jones doesn't know why she didn't come. I tried to guess the artist of the next song. I got a mental image of a tall female singer with luxuriant hair. I thought Beyonce. But it was Celine Dion.

My guess for the next artist is Kenny Rogers, but it was Frank Sinatra. Of all things, it was My Way, where a lot of people who sang it in karaoke bars in Manila got killed. The next song was Through The Years...by Kenny Rogers.

.

Jonathan Aquino said...

.

"...right by your side..."

.