Saturday, July 30, 2016

The Gerardo Chronicles

Saturday Stories
July 30, 2016 Edition
The way the big pharmaceutical companies would mark up their products almost twice the price is true. I first heard about it during the expose of then Senator Manuel Roxas, who is now Secretary of the Interior and running for President next year, when he was pushing his landmark Cheaper Medicine Act.

I just got more inside stories from a friend whom I will call Gerardo, a retired supervisor of medical field representatives. I was on my second day in a row at the mall food court with root beers from the supermarket.

I have heard that a physician's sample of a drug is more potent that what you get from pharmacies, and apparently it is not true either.

To Be Continued Next Saturday

Prescription For Change: Investigating Overpriced Drugs
CBS This Morning


Photo courtesy of livechatinc.com


No comments: