Saturday, February 25, 2017

What Happens When You Find Happiness

Saturday Stories
February 25, 2017

What Happens When You Find Happiness

I'm happy to see serendipity everywhere I look. I find it wonderful, and it's funny because it's actually the other way around: I'm happy, and that is why I can tune in to all the miracle around me.

I find clarity even in a simple conversation. A friend last week was sort of complaining about her Team Lead in her previous company. Apparently the TL kept asking her to do some his work like coaching agents and updating Excel reports and such.

"Yes, but it was also a great learning experience for you, right?" I asked.

"Yeah," she said, "but he should..." Then she launched into a series of more nitpicking.

"Look at it this way," I said. "On one hand, you question his competence. On the other hand, it was a blessing in disguise for you, yes?"

"Yes," she agreed, beginning to see it in a different way.

"So," I said, "basically, you have two opposite frequencies interfering with each other, right? So why not forget the negative, and instead, just focus on the positive? You were given a chance to know what it's like to be a TL. I know how it feels to be in a position of leadership and I'm learning and growing in many ways, and I'm happy to say I've never been corrupted by power. So I'm sure you also learned a lot and developed as a person from that episode in your life. So all is good."

"I'm speaking from experience," I continued. "If you learn to appreciate everything that happens, and if you just focus on your blessings, you will see that you have so much to be grateful for. You will see that everything is always working out for you."

"And," I went on, "...as you learn to live in an attitude of gratitude, you will find a more pronounced sense of joy and wellbeing you've never known before. You don't have to take my word for it. Just let go of all that is negative in your life, then watch what happens..."

~ The Huggybear Diaries, January 15, 2017

Photo courtesy of SeniorReligion.com

No comments: