Saturday, October 07, 2017

The Voices of Angels

Saturday Stories
October 7, 2017


I

"Show me a waterfall. Thank you."

The first thing I did this week was to ask God for a waterfall. I wanted a sign from the universe that is meaningful for me.

Why a waterfall? I love water so there is a personal connection, yet I don't have any emotional baggage about it. In other words, there is no resistance.

It was Monday morning. I went to Perpetual Succor, and when I entered the lobby, I saw a line of people at the elevator. As I came near, the doors opened and we all came in together.

That was so cool. One of my mantras is "Clear path and perfect timing." So I almost laughed out loud when the place I was going to was closed with two minutes still to go – then I knew why.

I strolled around the corridor. Then I saw a large HDTV on one of the offices where "Moana" was showing. I saw through the glass doors as the young heroine ran through the paradise island – with the most majestic and the most breathtaking waterfall I ever saw.

II

I have seen so many sweet days in my life. I cannot find the words to say how grateful I am for them, and for more of those that are coming. Here is what I wrote last Thursday:

The first thing I heard this morning is the sweet music of bird songs.

The second is the "I Am" meditation tape created by James Twyman (creator of the inspiring film "The Moses Code") which, as Wayne Dyer said in the introduction, really puts me in a deep theta state where I can feel that part of me that is more than me.

I always start the day with the same advice I just shared in an Abraham Hicks group on Facebook: "Go general." It means telling myself that "I don't have to do figure everything out this red-hot minute" and that "Everything is always working out for me."

The third I heard is an intuitive whisper telling me to stop trying to manifest the new things I just wrote on my notebook – but to just allow them to come by not worrying at all.

We all want things that we have yet to see, hear, smell, taste or touch. They, to use a linear analogy, are not in the present and not in the past, but in the future – and the future is coming.

I received that gift of epiphany from the source of all music, poetry and inspiration. It is what Paulo Coelho describes, in a beautiful quote just shared by a beautiful friend with a beautiful soul, as "The voice of angels."

III

The immortal Elizabeth Barrett Browning wrote "Sonnets from the Portuguese," first published in 1850, for the love of her life – the great poet Robert Browning.

This was her own original creation. The "Portuguese" part was her ingenious way of expressing her most intimate feelings without embarrassment, especially during the Victorian era where displays of emotions are not as accepted as they are now.

A sonnet is a poetic form of fourteen lines with a clear rhyme structure and rhythm. Her work is acclaimed as the finest written in English since William Shakespeare’s "Sonnets" in 1609, and rightly so. My favorite is Sonnet 43, more famously known as "How Do I Love Thee?" Let me play that now.


Photo courtesy of Pinterest.com



No comments: