Saturday, November 25, 2017

All My Life

Saturday Stories
November 25, 2017


A friend and I saw a Japanese girl in the elevator who was so cute she looked like an anime character. Her features were so delicate she seemed more like a porcelain doll than a living person. We were impressed.

"She's pretty," I told my friend when he teased me about her. "But she's too young for me."

All my life, I've always been attracted to older women, I said to him. Almost all of the relationships I had were with people older than me.

My "type" are women of substance and elegance like Senator Loren Legarda and the actress Pilar Pilapil.

I first had a crush on Loren in the 90s and I always watched "The Inside Story," her awardwinning weekly documentary. That was when there were a lot of intelligent public affairs programs on TV including "Assignment" with Teddy Boy Locsin, "Dong Puno Live" with Dong Puno, and "The World Tonight" with Loren and Angelo Castro Jr.

By coincidence, I just came across a classic episode "The Inside Story." It was Loren's exclusive one-on-one interview with the great Nelson Mandela.

By another coincidence, last week, I wrote about Mandela and played my recording of his favorite poem, "Invictus."

Now I'm inspired to make a list of my poetry readings, and here they are:

"May Mga Tugtuging Hindi Ko Malimot" By Jose Corazon De Jesus


"Pagtatapat" By Lope K. Santos


"Isang Punungkahoy" By Jose Corazon De Jesus


"Sa Pamilihan Ng Puso" By Jose Corazon De Jesus


"Verbo" By Jonathan Aquino


"Sonnet XVII" By Pablo Neruda


"Ang Ningning at Ang Liwanag" By Emilio Jacinto


"Ang Aking Unang Salamisim" By Jose Rizal


"Payo Sa Bumabasa Ng Tula" By Rolando Tinio


"Kundiman" By Jose Rizal


"The Eternal Light" By Jose Rizal


"Aedh Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven" By William Butler Yeats


"Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night" By Dylan Thomas


"How Do I Love Thee" By Elizabeth Barrett Browning


"The Rhodora" By Ralph Waldo Emerson


"Endymion" By John Keats


"Invictus" By William Ernest Henley



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Continue why not find out more hop over to this web-site dolabuy hermes look at this now imp source