Saturday, May 19, 2018

Edgar Cayce and The Legend of Atlantis

Saturday Stories
May 19, 2018

Image result for edgar cayce on atlantis

A lot of people dismiss psychic phenomenon rather than question their own beliefs. And that's fine.

I'm happy because I can be open to new ideas without drama. I consider myself extremely blessed because my beloved grandmother taught me the love of reading when I was still a child.

One of the first books I've read over and over is Into The Unknown, the coffee-table book from Reader's Digest about the supernatural. It opened up new worlds beyond what I was being taught at school, and it began my lifelong affair with the paranormal.

That was where I first heard about Edgar Cayce, the most documented clairvoyant in history. I would later find some of the now out-of-print books about him like There Is A River and A Seer Out Of Season.

Cayce would meditate then go into a trance-like state. That was when he can answer any question. He began doing this for people with medical conditions where doctors have given up – and his perfect success rate for thousands of patients is a matter of public record.

Edgar Cayce was a devout Christian since childhood and all throughout his life. So he was surprised when the "readings," as they called it, confirmed the reality of reincarnation and karma.

But whoever or whatever spoke through Cayce also affirmed that Jesus is a special soul, one who is so spiritually advanced that he has direct union with the Creator.

Just the other day, I was telling a friend that I don't rely on a person's words, or even his actions – but I would look at his pattern of behavior.

That's why believe in Cayce: he was very consistent as a psychic and as a humble and God-fearing man. I think he is one of the most decent people who ever walked the earth.

I was reading Edgar Cayce On Atlantis by his son Edgar Evans Cayce earlier this week. I'm really amazed at this highly-detailed compilation of readings with reference to that legendary continent.

I wrote a poem inspired by the story of Atlantis, originally my part in one my many poetry duets with international author Elizabeth Castillo. I shared half because our theme was about Egypt. Here now is the full version, with the ABAB  rhyme and 8-8-8-6 syllable scheme inspired by "Jabberwocky" by Lewis Carrol, a poem in his 1871 novel Through the Looking-Glass, the sequel to his immortal masterpiece Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.

I

This is the story of a priest,
ousted by the king in a coup,
out of Egypt he was banished,
millennia before Khufu

II

A wise man, his name was Ra-Ta,
his genius was unparalleled;
but was sent to Abyssinia,
and in exile he dwelled

III

Then came the world's worst tragedy,
an entire continent vanished:
Atlantis had gone down the sea,
untold thousands perished

IV

On flying crafts the refugees,
with superior technology,
in Egypt, Peru, Pyrenees,
sought, found sanctuary

V

The foreigners were superior,
there must be someone who can lead,
all the king's men who had gathered
said that Ra-Ta should be freed

VI

Ra-Ta returned, and saw everything:
crystal and electric powers,
fantastic humanoid beings,
psychics and mind readers

VII

He and the Atlanteans began
to build a civilization,
scientifically advanced,
by harnessing the sun

VIII 

When earth was born, there's Atlantis
and Lemuria and Og and Mu,
from the Source came the first spirits,
who knew not what they do

IX

They have the power to create,
for they, as we all, are divine,
they played with all things animate,
but they have crossed the line

X

They felt the pleasures of the flesh,
and they were stuck in the physical,
souls in solid matter enmeshed,
not man, nor animal

XI

Thus it was in the beginning,
we took bodies and craved conquest,
our true nature now forgotten,
just worn souls seeking rest 

Photo courtesy of YouTube

No comments: