Saturday, June 22, 2019

Heaven, I'm In Heaven


Image result for a world beyond ruth montgomery book cover

By Jonathan Aquino

Saturday Stories
June 22, 2019

I

Haruki Murakami once said, "Death is not the opposite of life, but a part of it." Personally, I am not afraid of death. Yet it does not mean I want to die now. I see life as precious because I have seen many times how it has been touched by Grace. I see all around me the countless miracles of this world, and I'm so filled with gratitude for my own life and for being here. But if it is my time, then I am ready. I remember a scene in "Deep Impact" years back. A giant asteroid was about to destroy all life on Earth. A man and her daughter were at a beach to watch it hit the ocean and create a giant tsunami. They hugged each other as the waves came, but they stayed where they were. That is how I want to face my death – with supreme courage and quiet dignity.

II

What happens to us after we die? After the near-death experience – finding ourselves floating above our body, trying to talk to people but nobody could hear us, going through a dark tunnel toward a light, a being of radiant light welcoming us, and the sense of peace and homecoming and completeness – what comes next if we are not coming back anymore? I have been listening to the lectures by Dolores Cannon, the pioneer in past-life regression and the creator of Quantum Healing Hypnosis Technique. She shared the stories of people who have actually died. Then, which is probably just a coincidence, I found a now out-of-print book from Ruth Montgomery that speaks about the exact same thing.

III

Ruth Montgomery was a political correspondent in the sixties when she began her work in the paranormal. I have her books "A Search For The Truth" and "Threshold to Tomorrow" where she talks of her encounters with nonphysical entities and departed loved ones through automatic writing, and of the Walk-In people – highly evolved souls who take over a body if the original occupant wants to leave. The book I found about life after life is "A World Beyond," the account of her communication with the psychic and trance medium Arthur Ford after he died on January 1971 of a heart attack. They had been very close friends so Ruth was able to confirm that it was really him.

IV

This is what Heaven is like in Arthur Ford's own words, "I found that it was as I subconsciously remembered, although no one can quite recall the beauty and the deep affinity that one has for others of like-thinking here. It was like coming home, to slip through that door and release the tired old body. In an instant, without conscious thought, I was here surrounded by relatives." Our prayers for our departed loved ones are important. "Let me say that prayers do indeed help all of us here," says Ford. "We strongly feel the vibrations for good that those yearning, loving prayers provoke." As in all prayers, everything is heard.

Photo courtesy of of Abe Books

No comments: