Friday, November 18, 2011

November 19 To 25

 Stories: Supreme Court’s TRO on Gloria Arroyo’s Hold-Departure Order, The Pacquiao-Marquez Third Fight, Sam Concepcion As Peter Pan, The Sound of Music in Resorts World with Joanna Ampil and Cris Villongco
Videos: GMA’s aborted departure, Manuel Marquez’s Foot Trick vs Pacquiao, Sam Concepcion as Peter Pan, the Making of the Philippine production of The Sound of Music




Why Not Just Sue GMA?

On November 15, 2011, the Philippine Supreme Court issued a TRO on the WLO. CGMA and FG are LOL. BTW, as SOP, the DOJ filed an MR ASAP. OMG, SMA (so many acronyms)! That night, I was monitoring the news as Gloria Arroyo, her husband and some political allies arrived at the Ninoy Aquino from St. Luke's, already booked on a DragonAir flight to Singapore. Immigration officials barred them, saying thye're under "direct orders" from Justice Secretary Leila De Lima. The country has enough problems already. The last thing we need is a constitutional crisis. Why not sue Arroyo and let the opposing sides display their legal brilliance? Then let the courts decide








Why I’m Happy Manny Won

Way I see it, the controversies surrounding Manny Pacquiao's victory over Juan Manuel Marquez all boils down to one thing: How person chooses his perception. We cannot always control what happens, but we can view them in a positive or in a negative way. It's not events that determine our lives, it's how we respond to them. Me, I'm happy that Manny won and nobody suffered irreparable damage. It's all about attitude, and attitude is always a matter of choice







The Boy Who Would't Grow Up Is The Man!

The secret of happiness, says The Boy Who Would't Grow Up, is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one does. I love Peter Pan. It is bittersweet to think that I'm not exactly pure and innocent anymore, but many times I've discovered that I still have that sense of child-like wonder, if there's such a thing as a cynical child. Still, I believe in fairies, pixie dust and the Peter Pan that lies inside us all. SamConcepcion rocks!







 

  


 “My Heart Will Be Blessed With The Sound of Music”

I saw a TV re-run of The Sound of Music when I was a kid. Since then, I've come to associate it with happy childhood memories. It's really nice they're staging it and kudos to the production and the cast led by Joanna Ampil and Cris Villongco alternating as Maria. The hills are alive ... Doe, a deer, a female deer ... "When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feeeeeeel so bad ..."















1 comment:

Jonathan Aquino said...

Welcome to 2Rivers. Your views opinions are welcome. We would like to thank the following for the photos

GMA: Batangas Today: http://www.batangastoday.com/gloria-macapagal-arroyo-postponed-trip-to-seek-medical-help-abroad-due-to-high-blood-pressure/18539/

Pacquiao-Marquez: Rough Post: http://roughpost.com/10004/pacquiao-marquez-iii-target-date-november-12/

Sam Concepcion in Peter Pan: TV Series Craze http://tvseriescraze.blogspot.com/2011/06/sam-concepcion-as-peter-pan-promo.html

Sound of Music: Ajay’s Writing On The Wall: http://www.annalyn.net/2011/10/09/the-sound-of-music-at-resorts-world-manila/