Saturday, October 12, 2013

Jonathan Aquino's MP3



October 12-18 Edition 


My digital voice recorder is dead again after I had it fixed for the second time. The first was in 2012 in Baclaran and the second was last July 2013 in Cebu. This was the replacement for the original one I bought from CDR-King on October 2011 in SM Manila. The original died just a few days after I bought it. Since it was still under warranty, I gave it back for repair. They said 3 weeks but it took almost 3 months. Lesson: Never buy from CDR-King. This MTV marathon is from my August 9, 2013 journal, a blog story I was supposed to include in our August 24, 2013 edition. I took it out at the last minute because it's a story that's in a category by itself.

I found a technician who fixed my MP3, which I bought two years ago when I used to be a correspondent for a newspaper. I got my MP3 going again, yehey! I chose the selections from from Awe, a friend who works in a download and cellphone repair shop in Baclaran, ParaƱaque. I wrote about it in my diary which I included in our January 26, 2013 edition.

I'll share a few of them here, just some of the songs from the soundtrack of my life:

Here Comes The Sun by The Beatles


"Little darling,
it's been a long,
cold lonely winter,
little darling,
it feels like years
since it's been here..."

My Sweet Lord by George Harrison


"I really want to see you!
(Hallelujah!)
I really want to be with you!
(Hare Krishna!)..."

Danny's Song by an artist I really love: Kenny Loggins


"Even though we ain't got money,
I'm so in love with you, honey
and everything will bring
a chain of love..."

Fire and Rain by James Taylor


"I've seen fire and I've seen rain,
I've seen sunny days
that I thought would never end,
I've seen lonely times
when I could not find a friend..."

The Leader of The Band by Dan Fogelberg


"His hands were meant for different work
and his heart was known to none,
he left his home and went his lone
and solitary way..."

Annie's Song by John Denver


"You fill up my senses
like a night in a forest,
like a mountain in springtime,
like a walk in the rain..."

Is It Okay If I Call You Mine by Paul McCrane
[From the Fame OST]


"What I'm trying to say isn't really new,
it's just the things that happen to me
when I'm reminded of you..."

The Longest Time by Billy Joel


"I'm that voice you're hearing in the hall,
and the greatest miracle of all
is how I need you
and how you needed me too..."

Overjoyed by Stevie Wonder


"Though you don't believe that they do,
they do come true,
for did my dreams
come true when I look at you..."

The Best of Me by Olivia Newton-John and David Foster
(my favorite duet)


 "No one will ever touch me more,
and I only hope that in return,
I might have saved the best of me
for you..."

Survivor's Moment of Truth is a personal anthem, one of my childhood favorites that I will never outgrow. That's the theme of one of my favorite movies, the original 1984 The Karate Kid with Ralph Macchio and Pat Morita. It's a landmark to my martial arts obsession that gripped me like the iron tentacles of Doctor Octopus.


The Moment of Truth by Survivor
[Theme from The Karate Kid]

"If you can do it,
get up and prove it,
get up and show them who you are...!"

Go The Distance by Michael Bolton
[Theme from Hercules]


"To look beyond the glory is the hardest part,
for a hero's strength is measured by his heart..."

My MP3 won't be complete without OPM. I'll share just some among a lot

Reaching Out by Gary Valenciano
[Theme from Hotshots]


"Reaching out to you,
do you feel it too,
loving you
is all I want to do..."

Girl Be Mine by Francis Magalona
(See my tribute story)


"Let the sun shine,
let the rivers run away
'cause it's a beautiful day now..."

The Promise by Martin Nievera
(See my Martin story on our September22, 2012 edition


"When I say 'always,'
I mean 'forever,'
I trust tomorrow
as much as today..."

Saan Darating Ang Umaga by Raymond Lauchengco
(From the "soundtrack" of my short novel Jukebox)


"Bakit ba pinagtagpo
pala'y maglalayo
tayo sa ating buhay..."

Tanging Yaman by Carol Banawa
(See my story on our June 15, 2013 edition


"Ikaw ang aking tanging yaman
na 'di lubusang masumpungan,
ang nilikha mong kariktan,
sulyap ng 'yong kagandahan..."

Harmony and balance: that's why we're all here for. So I'll share a Gary V. Tagalog song from my MP3, the theme of Tayong Dalawa (See Huggybear's favorite soap operas in Slumbook. See also Huggybear's favorite Gary V. songs in Tagalog and the songs of Rey Valera)

Tayong Dalawa by Gary Valenciano


"Hindi ko na hinahangad ang yaman sa mundo,
pagmamahal mo lang ang tanging hinahanap ko,
ma'ari bang sana'y patawarin mo ako
pagka't tayong dalawa
ay sa isa't-isa..."

I'm such a big fan so I'll end this piece with another song from my idol. This is one of my all-time favorites that brings back happy childhood memories.

Growing Up by Gary Valenciano
[Theme from Bagets]


"I'm growing up, getting down,
thank God reality came around,
not just waiting for the daybreak,
expecting the sun to shine,
it doesn't shine all the time..."


2 comments:

Jonathan Aquino said...

"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe."

~Dalai Lama

Jonathan Aquino said...

"When we cultivate mystical awareness or transcendent identity - which is a natural outgrowth of meditation and other practices - what happens is that we begin to take a witness position on our own lives, and that includes our minds."

~James Redfield