Saturday, November 15, 2014

Touching Wisdom Inside Your Mind (Part 2)



Saturday Evening Posts
November 15-21 Edition

Touching Wisdom Inside Your Mind
Part 2

By coincidence, "Jose Mari Chan Loud and Clear On The Huggybear Show," my one-act play, part of  my first fiction anthology, is also about an occult radio program.

Huggybear, my nickname-sake hero and host, interviews a ghost, a neurotic and an angel. He plays original Filipino music with the opening theme from VST & Co. Huggybear is like Edu Manzano meets Martin Nievera meets Rex Navarette. 

My play is inspired by parapsychologist Jaime Licauco and his Inner Mind On Radio which was my Sunday night ritual for years until I lost signal when I left Luzon early last year.

Just recently, I was tuned into another Sunday night supernatural radio show, Kasindak Sindak hosted by Benjamin "Tsongkibenj" Felipe, while reading about how the U.S. and the USSR have sent out psychics for espionage during the Cold War.

The study of the paranormal is one of my major interests since my teen years. It's now a part of my life, like the more wholesome influence of my idols Aga Muhlach and Gary Valenciano, not even including James Dean and Bruce Lee.

Worker is like a reunion with some figures from my youth like Edgar Cayce. There's also Ingo Swann and Uri Geller, both of whom, by coincidence, I have written about in one of my magazine articles last December - months before Worker called out to me from the bottom of a pile in BookSale in Elizabeth Mall in Cebu last February.

One of the most prominent characters in the book is Don Juan Matus, the Yacqui Indian sorcerer who's also one of the stars of "My Most Unforgettable Literary Characters," one of my earliest published works which appeared in January 2005 here in Philippine Panorama, the Sunday magazine of The Manila Bulletin. I first knew Don Juan from Carlos CastaƱeda's Journey To Ixtlan, which "is the first to open my eyes about the infinite mysteries beyond the everyday world and made me see Death in an entirely different way," as I said during my author profile interview for my eBook publisher SmashWords.com.

I'm learning a great deal from Noory. One is a technique while meditating, supremely priceless, that took me to a higher (and deeper) level. I now get rid of intrusive thoughts by enfolding them in my white light of protection then gently breathing them away. I inhale the creative and healing energy of God, and I exhale all that is negative in my mind, body and spirit. Every deep breath becomes an act of purification. Meditation becomes a way of life.


To Be Continued Next Saturday

See Part 1


A Warrior's Perspective
Carlos Castaneda and The Lessons of Don Juan Matus 



Jonathan Aquino's Books

My poem "I Believe" in Shibumi

I believe that love conquers all
I believe that divided we will fall
I believe that truth sets us free
I believe that forever we will be.
I believe spirits rise
I believe in fire and ice
I believe in fire and rain
I believe time heals all pain.
I believe not all angels have wings
I believe the joy love brings
I believe that fairies dance
I believe in that second chance.
I believe that for very child who prays
An angel smiles besides him, always
I believe tomorrow will be a better day
And every lost boy will find his way

Download the Shibumi Ebook version from Smashwords

I Believe 
Gary Valenciano



"I believe 
for every drop of rain that falls,
a flower grows..."

4 comments:

Jonathan Aquino said...

“For me the world is weird because it is stupendous, awesome, mysterious, unfathomable; my interest has been to convince you that you must assume responsibility for being here, in this marvelous world, in this marvelous desert, in this marvelous time. I want to convince you that you must learn to make every act count, since you are going to be here for only a short while, in fact, too short for witnessing all the marvels of it.” ~ Carlos Castaneda, Journey to Ixtlan

Jonathan Aquino said...

The study of the paranormal is one of my major interests since my teen years. It's now a part of my life...

Jonathan Aquino said...

"In wilderness I sense the miracle of life, and behind it our scientific accomplishments fade to trivia." ~ Charles Lindbergh

Jonathan Aquino said...

.


"I believe that love conquers all..."

.