Saturday, August 15, 2015

The Cathedral of Monte Cristo (Episode 2)

Saturday Stories
August 15-21

The Cathedral of Monte Cristo

Episode 2

Crisostomo smiled and took her hand and laid her knuckles on her forehead.  "I miss you, Aunty!" he smiled.

"God bless you, nephew," she said. "I missed you too!"

"Is Uncle in the field?" asked Crisostomo, putting down his bags.

"Yes, they're preparing for the coming harvest," his aunt replied, going to the kitchen, beckoning him inside. "I'm cooking his lunch now."

"Did you receive the money I sent?" the boy asked, looking out the wide windows, taking off his jacket.

"Oh, yes, I went to town to get it," replied Aunt Maya, wiping her hands on her apron. "That's a lot of money, Crisostomo! What about your own needs?"

"Don't you worry about me, Aunt Maya," he smiled, getting a paper bag out of his backpack. "By the way, I brought your favorite siopao! Let me take Uncle's lunch to him."

To Be Continued Next Saturday


Huggybear Diaries

December 8, 2014, Monday

I spent the weekend holed up in the house as typhoon, whose local name was Ruby, kept pouring outside.

Mostly I slept like a bear hibernating. I ate nothing but fruits: apples, mangoes, bananas and an orange. I felt light.

The sense of electricity in the atmosphere felt like a storm, but it was a mere continuous shower compared to the furious winds and sea surges in the neighboring sea-side provinces.


A Certain Sadness
Astrud Gilberto


"Look out the window when that rain storms..."

 Photos courtesy of ImageKind.com and TheMistsOfAvalon.net



5 comments:

Jonathan Aquino said...

We take comfort in knowing there is life out there, and that they also know we are here. The space craft captured in Roswell defied all logic and scientific knowledge. A recruited German scientist theorized: The only way to power it is mind control, as shown by the lab experiments with the telepathic aliens before they were killed. ~ On "Taken" from our July 14, 2012 Edition

Jonathan Aquino said...

Now watching episodes of Silver Spoons and Welcome Back, Kotter on another Chrome tab

Jonathan Aquino said...

I began to sense people coming out of the gathering darkness. They were in a panic. A bat-like creature was at one of the steel beams overhead. ~ Parkour vs Vampire

Jonathan Aquino said...

I'm a traveler. I feel the same spirit that gave strength to the shepherd boy Santiago to cross the sea and the desert. I came on the verge of tears many times throughout his mystical adventures: the teachings of Melchizedek and the Alchemist are the very same lessons I learned in my own spiritual journey, long before the book found me. ~ on The Achemist in our October 19, 2013 Edition

Jonathan Aquino said...

"Some things even time can't come between..." ~ Chris Thompson, If You Remember Me