Saturday, May 05, 2018

Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Saturday Stories
May 5, 2018

Image result for avenger infinity war poster

Tony Stark is still hurting from his clash with Steve Rogers. They have been through so much, and he still considers him as a friend.

That's why, even after all that time, he still carries the old flipphone that Steve gave him in case he would need help.

And he continues to suffer from nightmares about that fateful event six years ago, when alien creatures invaded the planet.

Now the mastermind is coming, and this time, he is on the verge of absolute power.

Ironman cannot do this alone. He needs Captain America – and the rest of the Avengers.

But as he took out the phone, the city was suddenly plunged into chaos. The most powerful enemy they ever faced had already come.

When we watched Avengers: Infinity War last Sunday on the big screen, I was applauding along with the audience though I've seen all the spoilers, including the list of who will die.

I still enjoyed it. When I told a friend the following day, she got hysterical that I might give out the plot, but of course I didn't. I just raved about it.

I love the movie, I told her. I love the screenplay. I love the structure that connects it to all the other Marvel movies.

I won't even reveal my favorite scene because the thrill comes from the surprise. But I'll say this: it will happen in Wakanda.

Just earlier, I created my own Avengers theory: Thanos will return to the Philippines to find the new Infinity Stone – the pebble used by Narda to become Darna.

I'm glad the filmmakers, unlike in the Ultron movie, finally remembered that Thor is a god.

Thor has seen what Thanos did to his world and those he loved. He swore revenge – but his mighty hammer, Mjolnir, was destroyed at the Battle of Ragnarock.

He needs a new hammer made from a dying star, the only thing that can kill the most powerful being in the universe.

There is only one man who can create such a weapon: the giant blacksmith who forged Mjolnir itself.

But he lives on the far side of the galaxy – and Thanos himself has already arrived on earth.

Photo courtesy of Express.co.uk




No comments: