Saturday, April 08, 2017

The Healing of The Planet

Saturday Stories
April 8, 2017

 

I stood looking down at the city, sparkling under the rain, watching the headlights of the cars as they cruise down the glistening pavement.

My mind was serene, like a lotus in the middle of a pond, my thoughts quietly flowing apart from me. I was on the 14th floor, technically, but spatially I was on the 13th, and I feel lucky.

A co-worker sneaked up to me, and he was surprised that I wasn't surprised. We then talked about, of all things, the weather and climate change.

I said that the planet knows how to heal itself, in the same way that the human body does.

Still, nature needs a hand from time to time, in the same way that a person would sometimes need a hot compress, or a herbal drink or even a pill, to help him to get to the point where the self-healing can begin.

~ The Huggybear Diaries, March 29, 2017

Photo courtesy of JustRant4Me.wordpress.com

No comments: